Whether you are working on a television commercial, developing a documentary, shooting a wedding, or just trying to make money with your YouTube channel, you need to be aware of potential legal issues that apply to the film and video production industry.
There are many reasons to use a still photographer for a motion picture shoot (i.e., marketing, documentation, continuity, etc.) and usually more than one will apply. A clearly-defined shot list is the photographer's planning tool to ensure that these needs are met.
Most video editors are so "into" their craft, they jump right in to all things video. But their mind is usually on the eye candy. They can get the audio basically in and out of the project, but don't know enough or have the tools to do any real audio manipulation.
More Articles …
- Social Media for Independent Filmmakers
- Video Ideas for Restaurants & Bars
- Music Video Examples
- When Voice-Over Professionals Aren't an Option
- Green Screen Techniques
- Music for Video Editors
- The Eye of the Writer
- Training Video Examples
- Using Video in Training
- Filming a Presentation with Slides
- Interviews 1: Advance Preparation
- Interviews 2: Arrival & Set-Up
- Interviews 3: The Interview
- Last Year's Dance Season
- Sound for Live Event Videos
- Music & Sound Design for Film
- Building Blocks of a Music Career
- Choosing a Recording Studio
- Remote Filming in a Pandemic
- When to Use Video for your Hybrid Event